Friday, January 13, 2012

I wanted to share with everyone a picture of my cuff. It was my very first attempt at bead embroidery. I absolutely fell in love with the technique and have so many ideas in my head. It was tough getting all the way through this one because I wanted to start another one and then another one.  I kept going and was so proud of the outcome!  I am not going to sell this one because first, I think that you should always keep the first of whatever you do as a reminder of where you started.  Second, as any other artist can relate, I see so many mistakes in it that I plan on correcting on my next piece.  As with learning new techniques, you almost have to make mistakes so that you can see your progress! 

The one I am currently working on uses black silver leaf stones.  Absolutely stunning stones!  I also have an idea for a handbag which is going to be a beach/ocean theme!  I don't think I have enough hours in a day!

I do have some exciting news!  My very dear friend and I are going to be collaborating on some pieces.  She is a lampwork artist and so I can commision certain beads, cabochons, and pendants for her to make.  This has been a long time coming and am so very anxious to get started!  I wish everyone a great day and a relaxing, creative weekend!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine! Great to see you have a blog. Got to love facebook for passing the word. Your work looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete