Friday, January 20, 2012

Inspiration

Where do you get your inspiration from?  Do you find it difficult at times?  Sometimes I have the time, energy, and urge to go down to my studio and create something fabulous.  However, when I get there and sit down, I find myself staring off into space.  You can't force creativity or inspiration.  I usually find that when I first wake up in the morning and am still laying there, that is when all sorts of creative visions come into my head!  Sometimes they need to be elaborated on just a bit.

The other day, I went to pick up my kids from school.  I usually get there early due to the parking availability (which is none) but that is a different story.  I brought along my sketch pad and pencils and was prepared to  let my mind wander.  I got everything out and ready.  Just as I was about to focus on a piece that had come to me earlier, I heard an awful honking sound!  About 50 geese were flying overhead.  Ok, well they will eventually go away, seeing as though they are flying, right?  Wrong!  I'm not sure if there were different groups of geese flying through or if it was the same group flying round and round.  Nonetheless, the honking did not stop!  End creativity for that day!

Sometimes creativity hits me when I least expect it!  I get waves of visions!  Other times, nada, zilch, zip!  What gives you inspiration??????

No comments:

Post a Comment